[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Conquering The Fear! - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

Conquering The Fear!

What are your opinions and memories of rollercoasters
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Conquering The Fear!

Postby Simba » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:30 am

The reason behind this topic "Conquering The Fear" is because it's not uncommon for people to have the fear of rollercoasters especially in an age of extremely thrilling rollercoasters packed full of inversions and launches.

I myself, did have a fear of rollercoasters, but then that fear got reduced to a fear of rollercoasters with inversions, and then after a while I finally bit the bullet and faced my fears, and took on Colossus at Thorpe Park which had 10 inversions, this was a number of years ago. But since then I have also helped two of my friends conquer their fear of rollercoasters with inversions, the first was Doomega back in 2012, and the most recent is my best friend Skittysrule, that I went to Thorpe Park with yesterday for the first time in our friendship. All three of us now really enjoy rollercoasters.

So have you ever helped anyone overcome their fear of rollercoasters?, or have you, yourself been helped by someone to overcome your own fears of rollercoasters?

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Re: Conquering The Fear!

Postby Thekingin64 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:04 pm

As was mentioned a while ago, I did have a fear of a coaster but only that one. This was Kumali at Flamingoland. This was a weird fear since I had been on other bigger, better and more extreme rides before Kumali yet I would not go on Kumali.

I wrote a short essay on this a while ago for school. I can share this with you if you want.
Doomega
CZ: Coaster Knight
CZ: Coaster Knight
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doomega » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 am

Back before 2012, I there was a time where I wouldn't go on a rollercoaster but on the penultimate day of secondary school I decided (with Simba's help) to conquer each coaster one by one, the first was the fish which was fun though a bit tame as some of you would guess, the second ride I went on was nemesis inferno (bare in mind that was the first rollercoaster I been on that went upside down) I went on the ride and that was the ride that I swore my mouth off I often said s**t and f**k a lot of times whilst riding inferno. I enjoyed it none the less.
the third ride was colossus, I got used to the whole twists and turn quickly and would have been obvious because I didn't swear as much and had enjoyed going through it's 10 loops.
The fourth and final coaster (and my favourite) was the swarm. and I didn't swear at all on that ride and I enjoyed everything about it and that is how my fear of coasters came to an end.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Postby Simba » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Dalek Sec
CZ: Coaster Master
CZ: Coaster Master
Favourite Coaster: Nemesis

Postby Dalek Sec » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 am

I've never actually experienced the fear of rollercoasters, but that's because I've been riding coasters since I was like five years old, so they've always been with me.
The Banshee will rise!

Return to “General Discussion”