Galatica - Space: The Final Frontier!

Discuss all Coaster related News in this forum
OblivionX
Favourite Coaster: Oblivion: The Black Hole
Favourite Theme Park: Gardaland

Galatica - Space: The Final Frontier!

Postby OblivionX » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Space: The Final Frontier! These are the voyages of the Alton Towers Galatica, Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.
Alton Towers are bodly going where no theme park excluding Europa Park in the World has gone before.
Galatica is the new name for the rethemed Air, here is the synopsis for the rethemed coaster.
Welcome to the future! In 3016 Forbidden Valley was chosen as the new home for a new space port operated by Galactica - The Universe’s first spaceflight voyager.

Partnering with Air Space Technologies to develop a multi-dimensional portal using the Resort’s iconic flying coaster as the propulsion device, Galactica will send passengers soaring through interstellar space for the first time in history, providing unrivalled access to the limitless wonders of space as never experienced before.

Logo
Concept Art
New themeing for the Lifthill, I think this really would improve the design of the lift as it has always looked a bit bare.
For some things, there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown; welcome to eternal darkness, welcome to Oblivion.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park

Re: Galatica - Space: The Final Frontier!

Postby Simba » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:29 pm

I am really intrigued as to how the VR technology will work with the existing Air coaster, but I hope it brings in new people into the theme park.
Alton have also released a trailer for Galatica, and I must say it does look awesome as an idea, but I bet it will make the coaster even more un-reliable.

OblivionX wrote:Space: The Final Frontier! These are the voyages of the Alton Towers Galatica, Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

That is fantastic parody of Patrick Stewarts opening title quotation from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on The Swarm: 86 (24/08/2015)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2016 (28)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2015 (232)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2014 (92)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2013 (76)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2012 (28)
The Swarm - Total Coaster Count (456)

Important Links
Coaster Zone Rules
Staff Contact Infomation
Coaster Of The Month
Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Postby Thekingin64 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Simba wrote: I must say it does look awesome as an idea, but I bet it will make the coaster even more un-reliable.

Agreed. It won't be long at all until half the headsets are broken or otherwise unusable. Just look at the queue-line games for Spinball, they haven't worked for years!

I do like this idea though and although I doubt it, I hope they will place some physical theming down as well for those who don't want to use a headset.
(I realise this and avatar are currently broken, working on getting it fixed)
My Facebook- Please tell me your username when trying to add me
Eclipse
Favourite Coaster: Leviathan (CW)

Postby Eclipse » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:44 am

This actually does look like quite an interesting concept, and I am sure it will add an extra depth to the coaster, only time will tell on the VR headsets' reliability.
Fear the power of ten at Thorpe Park

Return to “Coaster News”