Abyss - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

The latest news from a coaster construction site can be posted in this forum
User avatar
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand
Location: The forgotten part of Wales.
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Thekingin64 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 pm

It does look that way. Due to the positioning of the building, it will almost definitely be a different outdoor layout. It could well be similar or there's more space to the left of the photo then I think.
Image
(I realise this and avatar are currently broken, working on getting it fixed)
My Facebook- Please tell me your username when trying to add me
User avatar
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
Location: Good question???
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Simba » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 am

I also don't think there is enough space to the side of the building to do the Saw The Ride external layout, and I agree with Thekingin64 that it is going to have a different outdoor layout.
Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on The Swarm: 86 (24/08/2015)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2016 (28)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2015 (232)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2014 (92)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2013 (76)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2012 (28)
The Swarm - Total Coaster Count (456)


Important Links
Coaster Zone Rules
Staff Contact Infomation
Coaster Of The Month
Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
User avatar
Dalek Sec
Member
Member
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm
Favourite Coaster: Nemesis
Location: Stalking Simba

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Dalek Sec » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 am

This was posted on Adventure World's Facebook page
Adventure World wrote:We are very excited to let you know there will be a special announcement about our new $12m world class attraction early next week. Stay tuned!

I wonder if Adventure World are planning on revealing the name of the Gerstlauer Eurofighter.
The Banshee will rise!
Image
User avatar
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
Location: Good question???
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Simba » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Adventure World today in response to a comment on their new Facebook cover photo said the following "SAW was built in 2009 so "replica" noooo, "similar" "better" probably!" this probably means as we noticed the outside layout will be different.
Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on The Swarm: 86 (24/08/2015)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2016 (28)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2015 (232)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2014 (92)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2013 (76)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2012 (28)
The Swarm - Total Coaster Count (456)


Important Links
Coaster Zone Rules
Staff Contact Infomation
Coaster Of The Month
Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
User avatar
TheAustralianViper
Member
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 pm
Favourite Coaster: Fury325 (Carowinds)
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby TheAustralianViper » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 pm

I am pleased it is not a direct clone to Saw The Ride, but I am curious how much of the layout they have changed. The inside layout I am happy is the same as Saw though.
Image
Tamed The Thunder Dolphin!
User avatar
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
Location: Good question???
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Simba » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:17 am

Adventure World have released a press release for their new coaster. It confirms somethings which we already knew, inclduing the type Gerstlauer EuroFighter. It also confirms the inversion elements that the coaster will have Zero-g-roll (Inside building), rollover loop, cobra roll and inline loop. It also states when we will get the name for this rollercoaster, and strangely they have decided to use a Friday 13th for the announcement of the name which was also used by Thorpe when they announced the name for Saw The Ride the guessing along with the cover photo promo could mean they are getting a coaster themed like Th13teen.
Image
Adventure World Press Release wrote:
After much speculation and anticipation, Adventure World today unveiled details surrounding the $12 million elite attraction to launch this summer – a world-class, adrenaline-pumping roller coaster.

Boasting the latest and most advanced white-knuckle ride technology in Australia, the spectacular custom built Gerstlauer Eurofighter roller coaster will reach -1 to 4.5 G-Forces – a thrust greater than that experienced during a space shuttle launch.

Already billed as Australia’s most thrilling rollercoaster, the hair-raising ride is the single largest investment in Adventure World’s 30-year history – a move that will firmly place the state on the world theme park stage.

The roller coaster will feature three inversions through daylight and a secret dark ride section as well as a zero-g-roll, rollover loop, cobra roll and inline loop. Offering an adrenaline pumping journey over 630 metres, riders will experience turns, drops and flips while they spin in the air and in the dark.

With the highest peak reaching 30 metres above the ground, eight passengers can travel on one of four cars, with riders sitting in two rows of four.

CEO of Adventure World, Mark Shaw, said the looping coaster features a unique 10 storey high vertical lift, more than vertical 100 feet drop, giant G-Force turns and head spinning twists.

“This is a thrill ride like no other,” he said. “It features the broadest range of G-Forces and speed for a theme park ride in this country; it’s going to be the most exciting and exhilarating ride visitors to Adventure World have ever experienced.

“At full speed, those brave enough to experience it will be propelled at over 85km/hr during a two minute heart pounding journey, experiencing G-Forces close to those achieved by Formula 1 cars at corners or pilots catapulted off a Navy aircraft carrier.

“We’re pushing the boundaries and exceeding the expectations of thrill seekers this summer and we’re hugely excited to bring this elite coaster to WA, the first of its kind in Australia. Put simply, riders are in for an awesome experience in just over four months time. We expect crowds of thrill seekers to jump at the chance to potentially shred their vocal chords come November,” concluded Mark.

Codenamed "Mi1", construction on site at Adventure World commenced in May 2013. 45 forty-foot long shipping containers have been quietly arriving in Fremantle Port from Gerstlauer, the specialist roller coaster manufacturer in Germany.

CEO of Tourism WA, Stephanie Buckland, said it was great to see one of Western Australia’s much-loved tourist attractions investing in what promises to be an extraordinary experience.

“Over the past few years Adventure World has added new attractions and upgraded some of its existing facilities and now with the addition of this exciting world-class roller coaster, the park is a great tourism asset that can continue to be enjoyed by visitors and locals alike.”

Tight security surrounds the theme and name of the new roller coaster, which will be announced on Friday 13 September 2013. The ride is scheduled to open this November in time for Adventure World’s “Fright Nights” event where guests will be able to experience the thrill of riding the new coaster in the dark!

Early bird season passes are on sale now till 30 September 2013 and are available online from adventureworld.net.au. Adventure World opens it doors for the 2013/2014 season on Thursday, 26 September 2013.
Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on The Swarm: 86 (24/08/2015)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2016 (28)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2015 (232)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2014 (92)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2013 (76)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2012 (28)
The Swarm - Total Coaster Count (456)


Important Links
Coaster Zone Rules
Staff Contact Infomation
Coaster Of The Month
Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
User avatar
TheAustralianViper
Member
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 pm
Favourite Coaster: Fury325 (Carowinds)
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby TheAustralianViper » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:14 am

Oh my I can't believe we are getting a cobra roll as one of the elements, that is fantastic news!
As it is 90m shorter than Saw I reckon it won't have the turn around after leaving the inside section, and will go straight into the vertical lifthill. The rollover loop I reckon is the immalem that Saw The Ride has after the drop.
Image
Tamed The Thunder Dolphin!
User avatar
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
Location: Good question???
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Simba » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Simba wrote:Adventure World have released a press release for their new coaster. It confirms somethings which we already knew, including the type Gerstlauer EuroFighter. It also confirms the inversion elements that the coaster will have Zero-g-roll (Inside building), rollover loop, cobra roll and inline loop. It also states when we will get the name for this rollercoaster, and strangely they have decided to use a Friday 13th for the announcement of the name which was also used by Thorpe when they announced the name for Saw The Ride the guessing along with the cover photo promo could mean they are getting a coaster themed like Th13teen.
Image
Adventure World Press Release wrote:
After much speculation and anticipation, Adventure World today unveiled details surrounding the $12 million elite attraction to launch this summer – a world-class, adrenaline-pumping roller coaster.

Boasting the latest and most advanced white-knuckle ride technology in Australia, the spectacular custom built Gerstlauer Eurofighter roller coaster will reach -1 to 4.5 G-Forces – a thrust greater than that experienced during a space shuttle launch.

Already billed as Australia’s most thrilling rollercoaster, the hair-raising ride is the single largest investment in Adventure World’s 30-year history – a move that will firmly place the state on the world theme park stage.

The roller coaster will feature three inversions through daylight and a secret dark ride section as well as a zero-g-roll, rollover loop, cobra roll and inline loop. Offering an adrenaline pumping journey over 630 metres, riders will experience turns, drops and flips while they spin in the air and in the dark.

With the highest peak reaching 30 metres above the ground, eight passengers can travel on one of four cars, with riders sitting in two rows of four.

CEO of Adventure World, Mark Shaw, said the looping coaster features a unique 10 storey high vertical lift, more than vertical 100 feet drop, giant G-Force turns and head spinning twists.

“This is a thrill ride like no other,” he said. “It features the broadest range of G-Forces and speed for a theme park ride in this country; it’s going to be the most exciting and exhilarating ride visitors to Adventure World have ever experienced.

“At full speed, those brave enough to experience it will be propelled at over 85km/hr during a two minute heart pounding journey, experiencing G-Forces close to those achieved by Formula 1 cars at corners or pilots catapulted off a Navy aircraft carrier.

“We’re pushing the boundaries and exceeding the expectations of thrill seekers this summer and we’re hugely excited to bring this elite coaster to WA, the first of its kind in Australia. Put simply, riders are in for an awesome experience in just over four months time. We expect crowds of thrill seekers to jump at the chance to potentially shred their vocal chords come November,” concluded Mark.

Codenamed "Mi1", construction on site at Adventure World commenced in May 2013. 45 forty-foot long shipping containers have been quietly arriving in Fremantle Port from Gerstlauer, the specialist roller coaster manufacturer in Germany.

CEO of Tourism WA, Stephanie Buckland, said it was great to see one of Western Australia’s much-loved tourist attractions investing in what promises to be an extraordinary experience.

“Over the past few years Adventure World has added new attractions and upgraded some of its existing facilities and now with the addition of this exciting world-class roller coaster, the park is a great tourism asset that can continue to be enjoyed by visitors and locals alike.”

Tight security surrounds the theme and name of the new roller coaster, which will be announced on Friday 13 September 2013. The ride is scheduled to open this November in time for Adventure World’s “Fright Nights” event where guests will be able to experience the thrill of riding the new coaster in the dark!

Early bird season passes are on sale now till 30 September 2013 and are available online from adventureworld.net.au. Adventure World opens it doors for the 2013/2014 season on Thursday, 26 September 2013.
Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on The Swarm: 86 (24/08/2015)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2016 (28)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2015 (232)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2014 (92)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2013 (76)
The Swarm - Coaster Count 2012 (28)
The Swarm - Total Coaster Count (456)


Important Links
Coaster Zone Rules
Staff Contact Infomation
Coaster Of The Month
Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
User avatar
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand
Location: The forgotten part of Wales.
Contact:

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby Thekingin64 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Sounds good. At least we have some actual details to go on now other than just speculation. It does very much look like it will be themed in a similar way to Thirteen. It would be great if this had both the usual beyond vertical drop and a drop section.

Theaustralianviper, while the roll-over could be in the same location as Saw's Immelman, They aren't the same element. A rollover is half-loop, imline twist, half loop and an immelman is pretty much half of one of them but the inline twist section goes straight the floor.
Image
(I realise this and avatar are currently broken, working on getting it fixed)
My Facebook- Please tell me your username when trying to add me
User avatar
TheAustralianViper
Member
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 pm
Favourite Coaster: Fury325 (Carowinds)
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Unknown - Adventure World Perth (Gerstlauer Eurofigther)

Postby TheAustralianViper » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 am

Thekingin64 wrote:Theaustralianviper, while the roll-over could be in the same location as Saw's Immelman, They aren't the same element. A rollover is half-loop, imline twist, half loop and an immelman is pretty much half of one of them but the inline twist section goes straight the floor.

I knew a rollover was a different element but when they called an inline twist an inline loop I was unsure on what they may call the elements especailly when they say similar to Saw The Ride.
Image
Tamed The Thunder Dolphin!

Return to “Coaster Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron