[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
X:// No Way Out (Thorpe Park) - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

X:// No Way Out (Thorpe Park)

Talk about a specific coaster in this forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bulby1994
CZ: Coaster Padawan
CZ: Coaster Padawan
Favourite Coaster: Nemisis Inferno
Favourite Water Ride: Splash Mountain (Disney FL)
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

X:// No Way Out (Thorpe Park)

Postby bulby1994 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Even though I have only every been of X No Way Out once, I can safely say that is is the most boring ride in the park. All it is a 30mph rollercoster going backwards when it is a little dark. Enough said.

:|

Ok, that would make this a very boring topic (and very disappointing one for my first one apart from my introduction), so I will try to continue my rant on this horrible waste of space.

First of all, I have a little yellow card which lets me skip the queue (don't ask) for all of the rides in the park by going in the back way. Anyway, there is a 40 minute queue outside, and my friends and I are the only ones on the carraige :? ... So, the queuing system is fucked up, but that isn't that bad, right? (Poor magic-yellow-ticketless people :( ...)

Anyway, when I got on the ride, I literally almost fell asleep... It was boring, nothing happened apart from it movin slowly backwards, and it stops every 10 seconds... Boring... Should of just went on Nemisis Inferno again.

That new water ride whose name escapes me is OK, but really, did they need to get rid of the children's rides for it? I believe they are planning of getting fide of X in a few years anyway, so they might as well had gotten rid of X early, and put that water ride their instead. Teenage mothers NEEDED that children's area goddammit!!! :P

But my opinions and rants aside, what do you think of the ride?
Last edited by Simba on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remember you can use strong language in your posts.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Re: X:// No Way Out, and why I despise it.

Postby Simba » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Re: X:// No Way Out, and why I despise it.

Postby Thekingin64 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I agree there. It could be a good coaster if it didn't have all the MCBRs (Mid course Brake runs) and if it was actually dark in there. The non-darkness reminds of on RCT3 when you try and make a dark indoor coaster. Somehow, even though there's no lights or windows, lots of light still comes in and you can nearly every bit of track.

Did get a bit of airtime on it though due my lap bar being quite loose.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X:// No Way Out (Thorpe Park)

Postby Simba » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 am

Airtime can be found in some sections of the layout, I wouldn't mind if it got replaced with a better rollercoaster, but saying that it is actually quite a good filler coaster, seperating the bigger more thrilling coasters, on the day, and last season, when I went with Doomega on most our visits, it hardly had any big queue.

There is also a big rumour floating around that X:// No Way Out will be running forward throughout the 2013 season which I highly doub't because it will take away a purpose of the coaster.

2018 (46)

Important Links

Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

I think it has been confirmed that it will run forwards for this year. Doing that will take any point away from that ride. It's gone from a half decent coaster which I could ride every so often if I wanted to an utterly pointless coaster that should be scrapped.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm

2018 (46)

Important Links

Doomega
CZ: Coaster Knight
Favourite Coaster: The Swarm (Thorpe Park)

Postby Doomega » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm

the only thing they need to do is to reduce the rate of stopping mid ride to be honest. though i don't disagree with simbas hight limit remark.
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

The MCBRs are needed for capacity reasons though I'm not sure how much capacity they still need.
Kumali
Favourite Coaster: Swarm (TP)
Favourite Water Ride: Tidal Wave (TP)
Favourite Theme Park: Flamingoland

Postby Kumali » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Though it has been mentioned plenty before, this ride is awful. It has potential to be good but it just isn't. If the rumour that this ride is going forward this year, there will be utterly no point at all in it.

Return to “Coaster Discussion”