[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - Page 17 - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

The Swarm (Thorpe Park)

Talk about a specific coaster in this forum
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Re: The Swarm (Thorpe Park)

Postby Simba » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 am

Me and Doomega were able to ride The Swarm six more times when we last went to the park on 11th April, and two of those were on the front row. The Swarm keeps surprising me by how amazing it is at the front.

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Dalek Sec
CZ: Coaster Master
CZ: Coaster Master
Favourite Coaster: Nemesis
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dalek Sec » Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am

I am going back to Thorpe in two weeks time for the second time this season, and will definatly be doing The Swarm backwards again.
The Banshee will rise!
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Mon May 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Me and Doomega did The Swarm another six times on Saturday, and two of those were again at the front. Which brings my total up to 50 flights on The Swarm this season.
I also have just discovered this trailer for The Swarm which I was surprised that it never actually aired on TV, as it was much better than the aired advert.

2018 (46)

Important Links

NightCoaster
CZ: Coaster Padawan
Favourite Coaster: Saw
Favourite Water Ride: Tidal Wave
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby NightCoaster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 pm

To be fair, I must agree, Swarm is one hell of a good coaster! I tried it out when I went to Thorpe Park with some mates last week! :) Saw does remain my favourite, purely because of its drops plus shock tactics. :)
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Postby Thekingin64 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 pm

That advert is pretty good. Probably the reason it never went on TV is because it is pretty long for an advert.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Me and Doomega also rode The Swarm backwards for the first time today, and that was amazing too, I was really suprised by how amazing it is backwards, and how much of a different experience The Swarm now gives, and I really hope it's been popular enough to keep the backwards rows permeantly, as it was so good.

Bringing my Swarm count now to 55!

2018 (46)

Important Links

Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 am

Good man! I knew you would go backwards at some point! Glad you enjoyed it.
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Yeah, well I amazed myself and I think Doomega, was quite surprised that I did it too.
The on ride cameras for the backwards facing rows have also been installed but, are a little out time on one of the sides , which is why I got the ride operative to take the pic of me and Doomega before our first go backwards.

2018 (46)

Important Links

Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

The picture didn't load for my first reply so couldn't comment on it. It is a good photo though.
NightCoaster
Favourite Coaster: Saw
Favourite Water Ride: Tidal Wave
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park

Postby NightCoaster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:24 pm

The Swarm is a really good ride, probably 2nd to Saw for me. Plus did you enjoy Swarm on Saturday with Doomega, Simba? I bet you enjoyed your slush puppy after riding it backwards though. ;)

Return to “Coaster Discussion”