[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
My trip to Thorpe Park. - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

My trip to Thorpe Park.

Been to a theme park recently post all trip reports here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

My trip to Thorpe Park.

Postby Thekingin64 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm

I actually went quite a few weeks ago but I paitently waited for the CFF points to come back before I posted it. Now they're back, here's a trip report of Thorpe Park from the 27/8/11.

While I was down at my Gran's house in Maidenhead for the bank holiday weekend, me and my dad decided to go to Thorpe Park. So we got there for opening and headed straight for Saw. After a small queue, we got on to the second train. The indoor bit of this coaster was a bit shorter than I expected but still very good. The outside bit was brilliant as well. both those bits together made for a brilliant ride. My dad enjoyed it so much it is now is favourite coaster.

Have a picture I took in the queue:

After Saw we headed for Colossus which had on the sign a half an hour queue. Annoyingly, while we were in the queue, there was an announcement that said it was now 2 and a half hours. Me and my dad waited it out as we thought that was what was going to be expected for every ride. After only 2 hours, we were on. This ride was a lot more fun than expected and the rolls were actually the most fun part of the ride. The only place on the ride I noticed some roughness were at the bottom of the first drop and the entrance to the cobra roll. When we arrived back into the break run, the ride broke down and we were sat waiting for it to be fixed. Luckily, it didn't take that long to fix so we weren't evacuated.

After Colossus, We went for lunch in the KFC. The food was a lot cheaper and a lot nicer than expected. :D

After food, we headed for Stealth which was (as usual) a lot better than expected. The launch was amazing and there was a lot of forces on my legs that I didn’t expect. After Stealth, We headed for Nemesis Inferno which had such a short queue it was almost walk-on. The pre-lift section was a nice surprise as I had no idea it was there. :D The rest of the ride was very forceful and like Nemesis, I got the feeling that my feet were going to come off part way round.

After getting off that, we tried heading towards Slammer but ended up at my next coaster, X. I wasn’t expecting much this after all the reports on here of it not being that good. Those reports are correct. Every time it got going, there was another MCBR to stop us. If they got rid of those MCBRs it could be a very good coaster. Next, we headed to Rush and like on all the flats, my dad wimped out so I went on alone. This was actually a very good ride with loads of airtime. After rush, we headed towards Flying Fish for the cred but got distracted by Depth charge so ended up going on that. The queue line had some brilliant views of the park and some brilliant ride music which sounds like it’s trying to be Disco Inferno but can’t. The ride itself was a lot quicker than I expected and I actually got wet. :) After that we walked straight onto Flying Fish for the cred. I actually found that ride quite fun for a kids coaster.

After Fish, we went into the short queue for Tidal Wave. What made me laugh on the lift hill for this is there were two girls behind us using someone else’s cardigan to protect them from the splash. :lol: This ride was actually very fun and I managed not to get that wet on it. :D As we were wet from Tidal Wave, we decided to go on Storm Surge. We managed to skip a bit of the queue because we were a 2. :) This was fun but I would only go on it if there was no queue. Even though it was meant to be a water ride, I did not get wet at all.

After Storm Surge, we headed to Slammer and after a very small queue I was on. I can see why no others of this ride have been built. While it was fun, my feet coming off the floor and blood rushing to my head quickly followed by feet pressed into the floor and blood rushing to my feet while going round in circles isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world. After Slammer we headed over to Loggers leap which was unfortunately shut and looked like it had been for a while. Instead of Loggers Leap, we did the train. Other than provide a nice break from the rides and give some unique views of Saw and Loggers Leap, The train didn’t really do much. After the train, I headed to Samurai. I can’t decide if this or Whirlwind at LWV is better. This gives a longer ride cycle but Whirlwind has a more intense cycle. This one was still very fun and someone who was sat on my row lost her shoe on this ride. :lol: After this, I headed to the very disappointing Vortex. Not only did it have a very short ride cycle, it also didn’t swing very high. As usual my dad sat out for this. Afterwards, we checked the time and it was only 7 so we still had a lot of time. With this time we headed to the rapids. As I expected, these weren’t very good and as soon as they got going, they ended. As there was no queue we got the option to go round again which we did. Even though we had the option of going round again for a 3rd time, we didn’t.

When we got off we headed to Nemesis Inferno for a re-ride. The queue was even shorter this time and managed to get second row. After getting off it this time I decided my new Favourite sound is a B&M coaster going through a tunnel. :) Now that the queue had shortened a lot I went on Detonator. My dad sat out again. Detonator was very good but I don’t think I’d queue over 10 minutes for it. It is such a quick ride. After getting off, I stood around checking where my on-ride photo was taken as I couldn’t see the camera in the queue or on-ride. After I found the camera, Me and my dad aimed for Saw for a re-ride but decided that because we hadn’t done it yet, we should do Saw Alive. We got to Saw Alive and found no queue for it, so after a small safety talk from one of the ride ops, we went straight in. I really was expecting this to be a very cheesy ghost train style walk through with a few live actors. It wasn’t. It really did immerse you into the scene with nearly all the theming being live actors. While it was very good I probably wouldn’t do it again under choice. After that we went for re-rides on Saw and Colossus. After them we left.

Photos

Other than the photo of Saw, I only took 2 photos and they were of two slightly funny things that caught my eye in the Colossus queue.

Proof that it isn’t only on RCT when supports for an indoor coaster comes out the building.

A little baby support coming out of the main support on one of Colossus’s corkscrews
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Re: My trip to Thorpe Park.

Postby Simba » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Sounds like you had a good time at TP.
(I have never noticed the baby support before)

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Re: My trip to Thorpe Park.

Postby Thekingin64 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:53 pm

^ Yea, I did. IMO Thorpe is much better than Alton. It has a much better layout with everything close together and the car park actually being near the entrance. Also, the parking is half the price of Alton's at £3 and there's no huge queue to get out. :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Trip Reports”