[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - Page 19 - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

The Swarm (Thorpe Park)

Talk about a specific coaster in this forum
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Re: The Swarm (Thorpe Park)

Postby Thekingin64 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:24 pm

I completely agree with Eclipse here. Why would you do 1 ride 36 times in 1 day?!?!?!?
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Postby Simba » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 pm

@Thekingin64, it's pretty simple really, I love riding The Swarm, and over the 192 times that i have ridden it since it opened in 2012, it has never got old, it has a really high re-ride rating in my books, and I enjoy the layout, and the experience.

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Postby Thekingin64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:29 pm

You must get tired of it some times!
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 am

I have never got tired of The Swarm despite riding it 196 times since it opened in 2012, and to be totally honest with you I don't think I ever will get tired of it. I love it to much. I was also really proud of my best friend Skittysrule who at Coaster Zone Live "Braved It Backwards" and really enjoyed it.

Until Thorpe Park reopens in March, I won't be able to increase my count on Swarmie, but even if the rumour of TP opening in February Half Term they will probably have a restricted lineup, but I am aware that Swarm can run in cold conditions so it make sense for it to be in the lineup.

2018 (46)

Important Links

Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Okay so this topic hasn't been posted in for quite a while, which I feel is a shame, but this week I've been to Thorpe Park three times 24th, 26th and 28th August, over the course of these three days most of the time with the exception of part of the day of the 26th when I was with a friend I was soley on The Swarm (I did four rides on Colossus on the 28th as well).

On the 24th the park was very quite due to the weather, so I managed to completely obliterate my previous record of 36 rides in a day, by riding the Swarm a whopping 86 times! I am pretty sure a lot of my friends and family on my facebook think I am actually married to Swarmie!

On the 26th I was with a friend and the weather was far worse than the 24th, the park started to get lakes of water which wasn't particually fun, but I managed to get onto the first public train of the day on Swarmie which was at 2:45 due to it suffering from "technical difficulties", when it opened it was only on one train operation so to be able to get 11 rides on it was pretty good going.

Yesterday 28th I was again at the park on my own for there Summer Nights event in which the park is open from 9:30 to 6:00pm, and then if you have an orange Summer Nights wristband you can ride the rides till 10pm, which meant that I had a good number of rides in the dark in a less busy season, as the event for the extra rides is limited to around 250/300 people, accross all of the big coasters and majour rides that the park has. I managed to ride Swarmie 47 times during the course of my 12 and half hours that I was on the park.

Here are some pictures I took during Summer Nights:

2018 (46)

Important Links

SteelDragon2000
CZ: Coaster Padawan
Favourite Coaster: Steel Dragon 2000
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SteelDragon2000 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

86 rides on Swarm is impressive Simba, I have been on every wing coaster but there is something about the characteristics of Swarm that I really enjoy which is why it is my favourite out of all currently operating wing coasters. Thorpe Park really did a good job with theming in comparison to most of the American ones.

Also riding backwards on a wing coaster is an amazing feeling.

Steel Dragon 2000 is love, Steel Dragon 2000 is life!
OblivionX
Favourite Coaster: Oblivion: The Black Hole
Favourite Theme Park: Gardaland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby OblivionX » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:11 am

Swarm is indeed a good rollercoaster, and 86 in one day is pretty incredible, personally it isn't my favourite wing coaster, but on a theming level it is one of the most superior for the depth of theming, with the possible exception of the other two Merlin Wing Coasters and maybe at a push Thunderbird at Holiday World. The thing is this style of coaster lends itself for good theming element interaction but most chose to do next to none.

The backwards element was also quite fun, I wish more B&M rollercoasters operated backwards or had the ability for backwards and forwards riders.

For some things, there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown; welcome to eternal darkness, welcome to Oblivion.

Return to “Coaster Discussion”