[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Colossus (Thorpe Park) - Page 4 - Coaster Zone: The Rollercoaster Social Network

Colossus (Thorpe Park)

Talk about a specific coaster in this forum
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Coaster: Wicker Man (AT)
Favourite Water Ride: RIP Bubbleworks (CWOA)
Favourite Theme Park: Alton Towers

Re: Colossus (Thorpe Park)

Postby Simba » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 am

One thing I did notice that I never noticed before, I went on Thursday was that the Colossus station has electric heaters bellow the track to the side, which I am guessing is to keep the wheels warm when the trains are sitting in the station.

Simba - Coaster Zone Administrator
Most rides on Icon (BPB): 32 (8/10/18)
Most rides on The Swarm (TP): 86 (24/08/2015)
Wicker Man - Coaster Ride Count: 2019 (13)
Previous End Of Season Total Ride Counts On Wicker Man:
2018 (46)
Wicker Man - Grand Total Coaster Ride Count (59)

Important Links

Look at all this amazing Coastery stuff in my profile :)
You can easily add yours in the UCP
Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Favourite Coaster: Taron
Favourite Water Ride: Valhalla @ PBB
Favourite Theme Park: Phantasialand

Postby Thekingin64 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:37 am

You only just noticed that? I noticed it the first time I went!

I'm assuming they're heaters as well but at first I thought they were lights for the maintenance bay underneath!
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

Normally I don't pay attention to the station track, as normally the next train comes in, but as it was only on one train, it gave me a long time to look at the track, which was when I noticed the heaters. Except from the fact that it is sti one of the only places on Colossus with it's true colour, as most of it has faded terribly.

I can't wait to ride Colossus this weekend, for the last time with it's record, ideally I would also like to try and do it at the front if it is running two trains.

2018 (46)

Important Links

Eclipse
CZ: Coaster Knight
CZ: Coaster Knight
Favourite Coaster: Leviathan (CW)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eclipse » Sat May 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Another question aimed at Simba did you manage to get on Colossus at the front?
Take your spin on the Dragon's Fury or face his fiery breath!
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Mon May 20, 2013 6:36 am

Sadly we didn't Eclipse, but we did manage to do Colossus 6 times.

2018 (46)

Important Links

NightCoaster
CZ: Coaster Padawan
CZ: Coaster Padawan
Favourite Coaster: Saw
Favourite Water Ride: Tidal Wave
Favourite Theme Park: Thorpe Park
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby NightCoaster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Colossus is a good ride! I love the heartline rolls at the end! A lot of my friends disagree with it saying it made them feel sick, but I loved them! :) Last week when we went to Thorpe Park it took us 3 minutes to get on Colossus (without a fast track might I add,) purely because it was raining. :D
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah Thorpe Park is amazing when it is very quite due to the weather, and also I am like you NightCoaster I love the quadruple heartline rolls, and then the final anti clockwise heartline roll before the break run!

2018 (46)

Important Links

Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Yea, those heartlines are pretty fun. I love how you do actually fall out your seat if your not holding on!
Simba
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Simba » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Today me and Doomega rode Colossus five times, and also for the first time ever at the front, and oh my the front row experience on Colossus is absolutely amazing, it was so worth waiting an extra 10 minutes from the 45 minute queue line to actual ride it on the front!
The quadruple heartline rolls were breath taking.

Our on ride photo will be online tomorrow.

2018 (46)

Important Links

Thekingin64
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Thekingin64 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:47 am

Glad you enjoyed it. I rarely see the point of making your queue longer to go front row.

I've been second row on Collosus and that was amazing so I can see front row being amazing!

Return to “Coaster Discussion”